Monday, August 2, 2010

Some birth pictures

I recently posted to my fellow birthing friends on a Yahoo group the pictures of the cord around Ezra's neck, and some of the birth photos. A prominent natural birth advocate, and midwife, Gloria Lemay, asked permission to use these photos on her blog.
The result was a short video clip she made with an explanation about nuchal cords (cord around a baby's neck.)

http://screenr.com/B7O



And, of course he was just fine... here's a recent photo of Ezra, now 7 months old.

5 comments:

  1. Ezra is adorable :) Thanks for sharing the pics of his nuchal cord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I am taking a course right now from Gloria Lemay, and last week she used those pictures! I had no idea it was you and Ezra! Anyway, the course is called Midwifery 101 and it is online on Thursday nights. I may not to be able to do all the weeks, but you can do each week for 7.99 or $110 for the whole thing. Not sure how much will relate to the do-it-yourselfer, but I guess I'll see. Tomorrow's class is on the anatomy of the female pelvis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ancient Earth Mama,
    That's really cool. I had no idea we're so "famous"! What are you hoping to do with your classes - or are they just for personal interest's sake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of being famous, I received this email today. Shall I give him permission? Might help some doctors think twice before cutting the cord.
    Gloria Lemay

    Date: 21st January, 2011
    Hello,
    I am a Neonatologist in Maryland State. I am writing an article on umbilical cords. I will be grateful, if you let me borrow your cord round the neck photo and publish along with my article.
    Please reply
    Thanks so much!

    Dr. Peesay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pregnancy Horoscope - Get free pregnancy horoscope for all zodiac signs free of cost with accuracy. We provide complete detail about pregnancy astrology and horoscope Read free pregnancy horoscope and astrology at 12horoscopesigns.com.

    ReplyDelete